18 March 2009

Wednesday Evening Cartoons

"I'm alive!  I'm alive and I couldn't be happier!  From this day forward, I vow to live life to its fullest!" - Homer Simpson

The Simpsons often liked to mess around with their end credits, either playing a different song or having some remaining dialogue continue while they roll.  One of the most underrated examples of this is the end of "One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish" (Season 2, Disc 2).  After shouting the above, the credits roll while Homer sits on the couch, eating pork rinds (light!) and watching professional bowling.  It's great all by itself, but the bowling announcers in the background make a good thing even better.  Their subdued and petty arguments are dead on perfect for ABC's Wild World of Sports or 3:00am on Friday night ESPN in the early 90s.  Cracks me up every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment