24 March 2009

I Can't Imagine Why Fox Didn't Like This

I have no insight into why this little musical number from Family Guy wasn't broadcast.  (It looks like it was to have been part of the fall '07 episode "Lois Kills Stewie".)  The Entertainment Weekly post where I found it thinks it was the network censors, but other than the original YouTube uploader calling it "banned" I don't see any evidence of that, it may just have not made the final cut.  Of course, saying something was "banned" or implying that it's somehow too "think of the children" for broadcast television certainly makes it more appealing than saying it just didn't fit in the episode. 

That said, I doubt that the joke at about 2:15 pleased any network higher ups:



I could quibble with the particulars, but really I just like seeing other people say that Simpsons isn't funny any longer.  

Unsurprisingly, the always tedious "Simpsons Sucks/no it doesn't Family Guy sucks" back and forth breaks out in the comments section of both the Entertainment Weekly post and the originating YouTube link.  

No comments:

Post a Comment